Friday, January 30, 2009

Hidden Bases in My Locale...Oregon!

Secret bases, such as the most infamous Area 51, have been part of the UFO and conspiracy world for ages now. Aside from the mentioned, there a few others that are almost household names for anyone familiar with UFOs, such as Dulce base in New Mexico or Camp Hero (not quite secret and home of the Montauk Project, which I know almost zip about) in New York. There are rumored to be many more across the US and the rest of the world, so just for the heck of it, I looked up some rumored to be in my state. I didn't find to many results, but enough that it's sparked my interest more. If I knew who to ask, I'd be digging around for more info, maybe try my hand at free lance journalism, and who knows possibly find a little bit of the truth.

So here we go, the first base in Oregon that I found is located around the Lincoln City area (on the gorgeous Oregon Coast) in the Van Duzer Corridor. There people have seen everything from weird lights to army bases somewhere in the woods. One couple apparently even had some missing time out in that area, which tends to be a good sign of alien abduction.

Not surprisingly that is about the only base in Oregon I can dig much up on. That doesn't mean that there aren't others though. One of Oregon's most recognizable landmarks, Crater Lake, is said to be home to underground tunnels that link up to Cave Junction (apparently there are at least 36 old mine shafts there) Oregon, in an underground UFO base.

Other then that, Wilmer, Oregon, and Klamath Falls, Oregon are rumored to have some UFO or secret base connections. At least to an extant, Wilmer for sure does because it apparently has some underground chemical storage out that way.

So the official Naveed's Realm tally for the number of UFO or hidden military bases in Oregon is 6! I think at least. I guess you could consider the Crater Lake and Cave Junction part one base if you wanted since they apparently connect, but that would make the tally go down...and that's just not very fun...or cool...not to mention there is enough shrink going on in the current world economy, so let's just leave the tally high shall we?

Sources and further reading:
Oregon Coast Ghost and Other Paranormal Legends
Underground Base List
Boyer Oregon, Paranormal Activity

12 comments:

Regan Lee said...

Naveed, this is the weirdest bit of synchronicity! For the past couple of days, I've been thinking quite about UFO sightings, as well as the Reeves case, in Newport back in the 1960s. A lot of weirdness and high strangeness.

Every time I think about that case, and some of the UFO sightings there at that time, my mind goes to some kind of military possibly naval top secret stuff ... and that got me wondering about secret facilities, even underground, in that area. I have family that lives there, and I'm in Eugene, but never heard of anything like that. Still, my mind keeps going there. And then I find your post!

Naveed said...

Weird...synchronicity is an interesting thing. I really should look more into it, because it happens to me a lot, mainly with my job, but it happens enough that I've noticed it.

Also your thought about Naval stuff, got me wondering and I just did a search for Naval activity in or near Newport, found nothing, but that doesn't mean they weren't in the area at the time of the Reeves case. I'm pretty sure the Navy is better at covering up their activity then the Air Force as well, at least since the Philadelphia Experiment.

nolocontendere said...

I just moved down to AZ after living in the Corvallis vicinity for 33 years.
When living in the coast range 25 miles from Newport I was driven crazy by a hum. It came and went but was mostly there, even keeping me awake at night. I supposed it was an underground facility out there with some sort of directionless electromagnetic field of some sort.

Raptor Lewis said...

Hmmm....interesting...could be more bases, alright. However, remember that those are RUMORS!! I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet. Why not? There have been 8 YEARS of rumors about Jurassic Park IV and it turns out Universal isn't filming it. The rumors about that started back in 2001 after Jurassic Park III was released.

Regan Lee said...

Hi Naveed, see my current post at Orange Orb. :)

http://orangeorb.blogspot.com

robert said...

I attended a Jeff Dunham show last night, at which he told of an interesting event a few weeks earlier. He was on a private jet flying to Corvalis,Or when the plane was diverted to Klamath Falls airport due to fog at Corvallis. When they arrived there after 1-am the tower was closed so they made an unassisted landing. Being unfamiliar with the airport, the pilot was wandering around the taxiways, unsure where to park, and finally stopped beside a dark hangar.

This behavior caught someone's attention because within a minute or two the plane was surrounded by several HumVees with spotlights trained upon it, and a voice on PA directing the passengers and crew to come out one at a time with hands above their heads.

As they deplaned they saw there was also a group of soldiers with automatic weapons aimed at them. They were released when their identity and the reason for them being there was established, but it seems they had entered a sensitive and restricted area of the airport. Any idea what's going on there?

Anonymous said...

I live in Klamath.......

the airport he landed at is small part civillian and the rest is a air force fighter pilot training base. Hence the Humvee's.......

Authentic Psychic Readings said...

I am just uniquely fascinated about these cases. There should be a logical explanation why so many people claim such events, if not, then why would people take the trouble of doing so?

Anonymous said...

Umm, yeah.... I live 5 minutes from Kingsley Field Air Base and I've spent many hours there watching the F-15 fighter jets. I've also done extensive research into what is really there. I can tell you for certainty, that there is an underground base below Kingsley and also a maglev station there. Btw, ALL underground bases and underground tunnels link to each other. Where do you think the trillions of debt came from. Did you all actually think the money was missing?

Anonymous said...

There is actually a hidden army base somewhere along the Clackamas River outside of Molalla, Oregon. I have witnessed jets flying very low above the tree lines over my house. I have not gone in search for this yet however as soon as the rainy season is over I am thinking about going on the search for it.

Shelley said...

I live in Wa.state&I know we have underground bases here,just not sure where exactly<3

Lyal Shoff said...

Thanks for providing this site! I had always wondered if we had any out here..I had heard that there was something down around Myrtle Point in that vicinity.

This one is interesting because i grew up just East of Van Duzer corridor. I hunted there, picked mushrooms (edible, not psilocybes...) there, and have prowled around all over those hills. I have in no way been everywhere, but I would like to know if you could narrow it down a bit as to where in the Corridor this might be located? How far west of Grand Ronde??

As an additional bit of information, last time I went through, I noticed that a lot of timber property that a person used to be able to just go through to have fun, hike, target shoot or whatever had barred gates. So vehicular traffic is at least reduced to certain times...So there may be something to that as a cover.

Thanks!