Thursday, May 20, 2010

UFO sighting roughly a week ago

Oregon (at least my section of it) spends a good chunk of it's time either being rainy or mostly cloudy. It was on one of these mostly cloudy, sometimes rainy days last week when I was outside at work and happened to look at one of the those dark "I'm going to rain on you..." cumulus clouds. Up towards the peak of the cloud, there appeared a glowing white orb, which conveniently disappeared inside the cloud when it realized it had been spotted (if it knew it was spotted...). As always my first thought was "airplane", but ruled that out when I realized that even white planes appear rather dark against storm clouds. I even kept an eye out to confirm that theory (very convenient working near an airport) and indeed it was as I thought. Rationally I determined it wasn't a glowing weather balloon, and well, swamp gas simply has no business being up that high, so I was left with no option, but to label a UFO.

Since I was at work I totally forgot to record the day or time, unfortunate, but not to bad. I was about to check MUFON's reports as I was writing this, but I can't get their page to load properly. I'll have to check back later to see if someone else saw something.

In the meantime, a few of you may remember that my wife and I are expecting our third child, well, today is the due date. That of course means that well, she could be born any day now, but I guess the average birthday is 5 days after the due date. Why they just don't extend due dates out by 5 days, I'll never know, but expect pictures when the little one is born.

7 comments:

Gareth said...

Excitemnet ahoy. UFO and a baby? Probably in the same week? In a word... awesome.

Wish you and your wife the best Naveed, as always.

Jason said...

Thanks Gee! I just hope the UFO doesn't land and take the baby after the birth.

Regan Lee said...

Exciting and congratulations Naveed!

Sharon Day said...

Congrat's!!!

LesleyinNM said...

Nice to see you blogging again. I have seen white glowing orbs many times, last week being the most recent.

Congrats on the baby, whenever she arrives!

Pharos said...

Good to see you back...and congrats!

Jason said...

Thanks for the congrats and welcome backs everyone! Like I said, expects pics on here when the baby arrives, as well as more posts coming soon. Might be slow for a week or so, but I'm thinking I should finally be back up to blogging speed lol!