Monday, May 21, 2012

Ghost child in the hallway

Trying to get back into blogging regularly is hard after having slowed down so much. It drives me insane because I want to get back into it so badly, but I have a hard time trying to get going again. As I type this I have several blog posts just waiting to be finished and published sitting on my hard drive, but I digress.

My main reason for writing this post is not to complain about my over abundance of blogging procrastination, but to share a tale of otherworldly proportions that happened roughly two weeks ago.

Our two story apartment, which is more town home than apartment, has a fairly large landing/hallway section upstairs. It's roughly 6x8 feet or within a foot or two of that and has three bedrooms and a bathroom on that floor.

On that night about midnight I woke up to my youngest daughter crying, so I got up and went into her room which is directly across the hall from mine, calm her down, close her door, and head back to my room. As I started to lay down I clearly saw a child about my sons height (3 1/2 to 4 ft) run from where my sons room is to the bathroom. Sitting up in bed I expected to see the bathroom light turn on and to hear my son using the facilities, neither of which happen and so I sat there perplexed for a second then proceeded to get up to check on him.

As I walked into the hallway I noticed that both my son's and daughters' doors are closed. Turning the light on in the bathroom and checking behind the shower curtain revealed no on in there. Upon checking both the my son's and daughters' rooms I find all three sound asleep.

Fearing a possible break in I decide to check downstairs where I find everything secure, with no intruders. At that point my wife and I are a bit freaked, but not horribly so. We've had other weird experiences here in our apartment which was built around 1979. While we don't think it is truly haunted we on occasion have heard sounds and seen other things that have no explanation. Usually we pass them off as typical apartment noises, thin walls and what not, but when you hear someone running down the stairs and see them run into your kitchen only to find nobody there, something strange is going on, but what exactly remains a mystery.

No comments: